This checklist provides a quick reference for things to consider before purchase, during install and after installing your EuroCustoms tune.
Before Your Tune:
- Repair vacuum leaks
- Repair exhaust leaks - specifically where turbo meets manifold and turbo meets downpipe
- Repair any issues causing a check engine light
When Installing Your Tune:
- You MUST install new spark plugs!
- 1.8t/2.0t: use NGK BRK7E or BKR7Eix plugs gapped to .028
- vr6: use NGK BKR5EKU plugs
- OEM coil packs should be used. 1.8t will work but 2.0t have been noted to perform better when paired with a tuned ECU
- Change your engine oil and oil filter - you'll be asking a lot out of your engine. Make sure its ready to handle it.
After Installing Your Tune:
- Monitor spark plug condition every other oil change and replace as necessary
- Repair engine related issues ASAP when they come up - small issues will be accentuated on a tuned setup